Paktor was founded with the mission of connecting singles in Asia through technology- enabled platforms. Since its founding in 2013, Paktor Group has expanded beyond Singapore to the rest of Southeast Asia and North Asia, becoming the largest social dating group in the region. The company recently acquired a controlling stake in Taiwan live streaming company 17 Media to expand its business to social entertainment. Along with its other acquisitions in social dating such as Down, Inc and Goodnight, the group’s social entertainment and dating assets jointly account for over 20 million users in Asia.
Paktor is backed by institutional investors including Vertex Ventures (subsidiary of Temasek), Majuven, Convergence Ventures, Infinity Venture Partners and Yahoo Japan.
The projects on our plate are amazing, and we're looking for talented people to meet the exciting technical challenges we face. We're looking for an experienced Java Engineer to contribute to the continual improvement of the Paktor experience for our users. We're open to your ideas for cool interactions and interesting ways to bring people together. The best ideas - from any source - are acted on quickly here. If you're an intelligent and highly ambitious entrepreneur, we want to talk to you!
- Take technical ownership and be the go to person for technical guidance, design and code reviews, and problem solving.
- Provide efficient ways to automate repetitive processes.
- Support and implement the product as per the specifications
- Work with the internal teams to onboard their APIs to the platform.
- Innovate by adding new features to the framework that helps the internal teams for integration in a seamless way.
- Continuously improve/provide inputs to improve the development processes.
- Experience with Java Spring MVC
- Deep knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2, RDS
- Experience with Agile programming with scrum, code reviews, rapid iteration
- Experience with Git
Bonus points if you have:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school, but a wonderful project list trumps all
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- Prior start-up experience is awesome (not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.
• At least a Diploma in any field
• Able to work independently and with a team with minimal supervision
• Possess good communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office and Google web applications
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure with tight deadlines
• High initiative, independent and ability to thrive in a fast-based start-cup company
• Candidates who are available immediate or in a short-notice period preferred.
• ONLY work on Saturdays (10.30 am - 5.30 pm)
Work flexibility (telecommuting), corporate insurance, sponsored gym membership, sponsored learning & development courses, sponsored overseas trips (to any overseas offices), sponsored computing equipment, monthly cohesion events, annual company trip